Thursday 20 December 2018

Beauty in Adoration - Reflection by Fr. Leo,CPPS



PRAYER:
 Lord our God, as we come before you, present in this great sacrament, help us to know that you are with us always here and that you walk with us on our journey through life, giving us your love and peace and hope.

REFLECTION:
This hour of adoration is meant to be used in time of difficulty or sorrow. Open your heart to God and ask him to be with you at this difficult time. Spend a few moments in silent adoration. Ask for the light of the Holy Spirit so that you may feel God’s presence and receive comfort. If during this prayer time you do not feel the presence of the Lord with you, don’t be disturbed. Feeling that God is far away is a common experience, especially in times of suffering. Psalm 34 reminds us that God is near to the brokenhearted. If no words come to you during this time of prayer, just try to remember that you are in God’s loving presence. That in itself is a powerful prayer of faith.

As you sit here in the presence of Jesus who gives himself to us in this amazing sacrament: Listen to him in silence of your heart. Ask him to be with you in every moment of every day · Thank him for being with you in every moment of every day · Tell him about how you want to walk in his presence during each day · Thank him for all that he has done for you · Ask him to be with you in everything you do.

The world is beautiful and reveals the beauty of God, but spiritual realities, such as the Holy Eucharist, are far more beautiful.  To see the beauty of God, present in the Most Holy Eucharist, you need eyes of faith.  One of the best ways to sharpen your vision of this beauty is through adoration.  Though receiving Holy Communion must be the ultimate union we experience with our Lord, adoration of Him, present in the Sacred Host, prepares you for this come upon by revealing His beauty.  Seek to adore Him exposed in the monstrance on the altar and let the eyes of your soul become spellbound by His beauty.

.


Your response, Jesus I trust in you

Lord, I adore you with the most profound adoration as you are present before me in the Most Holy Eucharist.  I love you and seek to know your hidden beauty and splendor.  You are glorious, dear Lord.  As I behold your glory, draw me ever deeper into your perfect Heart of Mercy. Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Lord, I know my love for you is far from perfect.  Help me, this day, to turn my eyes and heart more fully to You so that my love of You may be purified, allowing me to love You above all things for Your own sake, because You do  deserve my total love.  In my love of You, I thank you for the joy that this produces.  May that joy overflow so abundantly that I find perfect satisfaction and happiness in this love. Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Lord, I love you and I desire to trust in your perfect Mercy to the point that there is no doubt in my mind and heart that you will bestow this precious gift. Help me to trust in Your Mercy because of your infinite goodness.  Purify me of all doubt, dear Lord, and help me to trust you more.  Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Lord, I do desire to embrace Your Divine Will in all things.  Help me to be free of my own selfish will and to choose only you in all things.  I abandon myself into your hands.  When I fall, help me to get back up rather than to give into discouragement. Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Lord, I offer you, this day, that which I feel and experience in my life.  Specifically, I offer you (state an intention).  Help me to rely upon you and all that you have spoken as my guide.  Help me to allow your truth to enter into my life and redeem me.  Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the abundance of Your Mercy in my life.  I thank you for loving me as your precious child.  Help me to be transformed by your love and, in turn, to become an instrument of your overflowing grace to others.  Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.

Lord, it is so very hard at times to let go of my own will and to embrace the will of another.  Help me to see these small acts as acts of true love and holy submission to you.  May I allow you to mold my will into yours as I act in holy obedience, especially when this requires great sacrifice.  I also choose Your Will as it is revealed through Your Church and always submit to that revelation over my own ideas.  Your response, Jesus, I trust in you.



Prayer of the faithful

1.For the Church – that we may be living witnesses of your light in the world, always aware of the signs of the times, and willing to speak God’s news in new ways to the people of our time…
 A. We pray to the Lord                               R. Lord hear our prayer

2. For the hungry and homeless – that joy and rejoicing may be the feeling especially in this season of Advent.  Where there is despair, poverty and unemployment may we be the bearers of hope and new opportunities.
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer

3. For the Churchthat just like St. John the Baptist, we can point towards Christ in all his power and glory through the work the Lord has called us to do….
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer

4. For the world – that all peoples may read signs of the times and be eager to accept the challenge of the Gospel…
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer

5. For those in need – for families affected by addictions, and for those whose relationships have broken down, that healing may bring light where there is darkness of heart and mind…
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer

6. For employers: that they may always pay a just wage to their employees so that all who labor may be able to provide the good things of life to their families....
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer

7. For all who have died: that our departed brothers and sisters who have gone before us marked with the sign of baptism, and all whose faith is known to God alone, may now enjoy rebirth into life everlasting…
A. We pray to the Lord                                R. Lord hear our prayer




Fr. Albert Leo,CPPS
Precious Blood Missionaries




No comments:

Post a Comment